How to start my tracking Plan¶
What is a tracking plan?¶
When Robbie Visio® is up and running, we recommend creating a tracking plan with the business goals and questions you're trying to address to improve your business. The tracking plan should clearly outline Events, Properties and People Properties you need to track to collect the right data about users, product and business. Ultimately, your tracking plan is a map for your team to implement Robbie Vision and a reference that ensures that you track the proper events, and properties to reach goals.
What to include in your tracking plan?¶
Start building your tracking plan by defining
- A business goal (i.e., something you're trying to accomplish to improve your business or product).
- A related question about user behavior.
- The user flow, or chain of behavior, you would need to look at to answer that question.
- The specific Events, Properties and People Properties that define that user flow and those user behaviors.
Let's say you work for an educational platform and you are building a tracking plan. You've decided that the most important metric for your business is retention, so you'll start by addressing the goal like “reducing dropouts by 20%”. In a hotel could be: “increase satisfaction by 20%” and a telehealth goal could be “achieve more than 50% of revenue from returning customers” or “Example
Goal 1: Obtain more than 50% of revenue from returning customers
Question: Who is interacting with my doctors?
Goal 2: Reduce dropouts by 20%
Question: Why do my students lack motivation
Goal 3: Increase retention
Question: Are guests satisfied with our service?
Specifics to track:
Event name: Guest satisfaction during checkout
- Property 1: Receptionist | Value: (dexter)
- Property 2: Hotel | Value: Barcelona_Catalonia_505
- Property 3: Room | Value: 678
- Property 4: Guest_Nationality | Value: Russia
- Property 5: Guest_Gender | Value: MAtracking-goal-and-data.mdLE
Event name: Engagement of patients with the service
- Property 1: Doctor | Value: SmithEvan01
- Property 2: Specialty | Value: Psychiatry
- Property 3: Center | Value: MGH
- User Property 1: $id | Value: Ally_Forbes
- User Property 2: $number_of_visits_year | Value: 12
- User Property 3: $has_insurance | Value: (true, false)
- User Property 4: $age | Value: 65
- User Property 5: $health_conditions | Value: (parkinson, dementia, arthritis)
- User Property 6: $medication | Value: (paracetamol, ibuprofen, aricept)
- User Property 7: $weeks_from_last_visit | Value: 2.75
Event name: students in second grade mathematics
- Property 1: Teacher| Value:SmithCarla01
- Property 2: Subject | Value: Equations
- Property 3: School | Value: Myschoolname
- User Property 1: $id | Value: John_Porter
- User Property 2: $number_of_online_assignments | Value: 6
- User Property 3: $has_health condition | Value: (true, false)
- User Property 4: $age | Value: 13